Microsoft Outlook is one of the most preferred email clients for business communication as it offers the easiness to use an interface with the highest security protocols and ensures efficient and safe communication. However, at times, users face a lot of problems when Outlook keeps asking for password without any reason. If you are also stuck with the same issue and looking for some effective solutions, here they are. This article takes you through the reasons and seven most effective troubleshooting solutions.
Before jumping on the methods, you must know why Outlook keeps asking for password. Read below and know the reasons.
Why Does Outlook Keeps Asking For My Password
Want to know why does Outlook keep asking for my password? When your Outlook application or Outlook login portal keeps asking for the password even after you have entered it several times, there can be many reasons behind it. Here are some possible reasons:
- Outdated or Corrupt Windows: In certain situations, a Windows update can reset your intended preferences for certain apps that may cause the problem.
- Wrong Outlook Settings: At times, your Outlook application or software settings are having a problem that causes the problem.
Identify which reason is causing the problem and go through the following sections. Implement one or more of the following solutions and if your Outlook keeps asking for my password then your issue will be fixed in no time.
How to Solve When Microsoft Outlook Keeps Asking for Password
These solutions work on every version of Outlook, in which we have written about some version below, you can fix when your Outlook Keeps Asking for Password on all these versions.
|Outlook 2016 Keeps Asking for Password||Outlook 2013 Keeps Asking for Password||Outlook 2003 Keeps Asking for Password|
|Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking for Password||Outlook 2007 Keeps Asking for Password||Outlook 2009 Keeps Asking for Password|
|Outlook 365 Keeps Asking for Password||Outlook 2011 Keeps Asking for Password||Outlook 2018 Keeps Asking for Password|
Remove Caches And Cookies From The Internet Browser
At times, your Windows operating system stores all the necessary and unnecessary caches passwords. It is the main reason that some of the websites get jammed and you face several issues while accessing your email accounts. So if your outlook keeps asking for gmail password, then you can fix this issue by removing the unnecessary caches passwords. Read the steps mentioned below and get rid of the issue.
- Close Outlook
- Go the ‘Start’ and open the ‘Control Panel’
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘Credential Manager’
- In the ‘Windows Credentials’ and ‘Generic Credentials’, select login credentials
- Right-click on ‘Details’ and select the option of ‘Remove from Vault’
- Once, the login credentials are removed, exit from ‘Control Panel’
Once you follow the steps all the cache credentials will be removed. Now, click on the ‘Restart’ button to start a task afresh.
Fix Your Corrupted Outlook Profile
It is possible that your Outlook profile is corrupt and due to this, you have been constantly asked to enter the login password. Follow the below-mentioned steps and fix your corrupt Outlook profile.
- Head to the ‘Control Panel’ folder and click on the ‘Mail’ tab to open it
- Select the option of ‘Mail Setup Outlook’ and drop the section to select ‘Show Profiles’
- Choose the ‘Add’ button after selecting the ‘Outlook’ to add a new Outlook profile
- Tick or Check the option of ‘Prompt for a profile to be used’ and click on ‘Ok’
- Under the ‘Create New Profile’, enter the ‘Profile Name’ and click on the ‘Ok’ option
- In the new window, enter the following details to complete the process
- Your Name
- Email Address
- Re-enter the Password
- Once you enter the aforementioned details, click on ‘Next’
- You will receive the following notification, ‘Congratulations! Your new Outlook profile is ready to function.
- At last, click on the ‘Finish’ option and check the option of ‘Always use this profile’
- Hit the option of ‘Ok’ and your corrupt Outlook profile is fixed.
Check The Outlook Login Credentials And Fix IF Outlook 2016 Keeps Asking For Password
If the first two solutions did not work for you in fixing the issues, then try this solution. Verify if you have entered the correct Outlook login credentials. As wrong credentials could be another reason why Outlook 2016 keeps asking for password. Read and follow the subsequent instructions and implement them one by one.
- Start Outlook 2016 and move towards the ‘File’ tab
- Drop down the section and choose the option of ‘Account Settings’
- Select and open your ‘Exchange Account’ and click on ‘Change’
- Now, open the option of ‘More Settings..’ and hit on ‘Next’
- Open the ‘Security’ section and untick the option of ‘Always prompt for sign-in credentials which are under the ‘User Identification’ section.
- At last, click on the ‘Ok’ and finish the process.
This solution is very effective and will fix if your Outlook 2016 keeps asking for password issues instantly. If you are still facing the same problem, look at the next solution.
Outlook Keeps Asking For password? Fix by Enabling The ‘Remember Password’
Another recommendation is to check whether you have chosen the right to save the login username and password in Outlook. To check that, please follow the steps mentioned below and implement them to fix Outlook 2010 keeps asking for password.
- Open Outlook version of 2020 and go to the ‘File’
- Scroll down the list of the presented options and select the ‘Email’ tab
- In the new window, navigate yourself towards the details of your Outlook email account and where the details end, check the option of ‘Remember Option’ and click on ‘Next’
This Solutions 4 is the key to all your Outlook login issues. You will see, Outlook keeps asking for passwords will be fixed.
Update Outlook App/ Software To Get Rid Of Outlook Keeps Asking For My Password
As we discussed above, an outdated Outlook application or software can often cause this Outlook issue. If this is the problem, you must update the Outlook application by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Open Outlook software and go to the ‘File’
- Navigate towards ‘About Outlook’ and click on it
- Select the option of ‘Office Account’ and click on the option to ‘Update’
- Drop down the section, select the most recent update available and hit the button of ‘Update’.
Once the entire process to update your Outlook application is completed, hit the button of ‘Restart’ and perform the Outlook login procedure. The issues will be resolved and you will be able to log in successfully.
Disable Antivirus And Fix Your Outlook Keeps Asking For Password
At times, Antivirus software or firewall can interfere with the Outlook application. If the above solutions did not help you, better disable the antivirus or firewall program. Follow the below-mentioned steps to disable the Antivirus program on your operating system.
- Start Outlook and click on the ‘Tools’
- Select the tab of ‘Options’ and hit the ‘Other’ tab
- Click on the ‘Advanced Options’ and select the ‘Add-in Manager’
- Here, uncheck the option of ‘Symantec Antivirus Outlook Protection’ and hit the tab of ‘Ok’
By following the aforementioned steps, the installed antivirus program will be disabled and Outlook might start working again. If yet not, follow the next and the last method.
Turn On the Safe Mode To Deal to Resolve if Your Microsoft Outlook Keeps Asking For Password
You can also try starting your Outlook in safe mode and disabling add-ins to address the issue that Outlook keeps asking for password. Users must remember that Outlook in Safe Mode and Windows in Safe Mode are two different things, follow the below-mentioned steps to run Outlook in safe mode.
- Start Outlook and hit the option of ‘Tools’
- Select the option of ‘Options’ and click on the ‘Other’ tab
- Click on the ‘Outlook Options’ and navigate towards the end of the list, click on ‘Add-ins’
- The list of all the ‘Add-ins’ will prompt on your screen, select the items you want to remove
- Hit the button of ‘Remove’ and click on ‘Ok’
Once you finish implementing all the steps, the problems that will possibly be fixed.
Why Choose us to fix Outlook Password Error?
If you are still facing the same issue, you must reach out to us with your problem. Our technical experts are highly knowledgeable and experienced in solving any kind of Outlook issues along with Outlook keeps asking for password office 365, 2016, 2010, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to Outlook Keeps Asking for Password
Even after going through such an informative article, we have been reported with many queries and questions regarding Outlook keeps asking for password issues. To clear all the doubts, we have a section that comprises all the answers to the most frequently asked questions. Give them a read, here you go:
You can easily fix the ‘Outlook keeps asking for password’ by following the below-mentioned steps:
1: Open Outlook, go to the ‘File’ section and click on the ‘Setup’
2: Open the ‘Account Settings’ after selecting the option of ‘Account Exchange’
3: Hit the button ‘More Settings’ and a new dialogue box will be open
4: Here, untick the option of ‘Always prompt for Outlook logon credentials’ in the Microsoft Exchange dialog box and exit the process.
After applying the above-mentioned steps, the issue of Outlook keeps asking for a password will be fixed and you can browse your emails without any hassle.
There are several reasons why your Outlook keeps asking for your login password, below are some of the most possible reasons, give a read:
It can happen if you have changed your email password and do not update on another device. If you are not using your older email password anymore, please be ensured that you are updating the new one on all the devices you are likely to access on.
When the Outlook email services deactivated your email account due to some or the other reason.
Irrespective of the reasons, if you want to know how to deal with when you have been asked for entering your Outlook password very often then, read the detailed answer to the very next question.
Outlook email program very often shows a pop-up prompt that demands a password for your Outlook email account every time you attempt to send an email. There are multiple ways to deal with this issue, here are the necessary steps of the most effective way that you need to follow in order to block or stop the pop-up prompts.
1: Open Outlook on your respective device and go to the ‘File’ and click on ‘Info’
2: Select the tab of ‘Account Settings’ and hit the ‘Email’ option
3: Select the email account that requests you to provide a password every time you try to send a mail.
4: navigate yourself towards the ‘Change’ and enter the correct Outlook login password in the ‘Password’ space
5: Check the option of ‘Remember my password’ and the program will remember your password and not ask you to re-enter again and again.
6: Hit the tab of ‘Next’ and ‘Ok’ respectively
Once you follow the above-mentioned steps, the Outlook program will no more show a pop-up prompt that demands a password for your email account every time you attempt to send an email.
Outlook can keep asking for your password due to many unknown reasons, below is the list that consists of the most common reasons for this issues as per our experts:
1. Your Outlook profile has been corrupted
2. Browser has stored incorrect Outlook login credentials
3. You internet connection is unstable or slow
4. Outgoing and Incoming server have not been configured
Apart from the above-mentioned reasons, there can be other reasons as well for Outlook keeps asking for password issues.
If you have an Outlook version of 2013 and you want to deal with the Outlook keeps asking for password issues, below are the essential steps you must follow.
1: Take an exit from Outlook 2013 and navigate yourself towards the ‘Windows’ icon
2: Click on ‘Start’ and open the ‘Control Panel’ folder
3: Find the option of ‘Mail’ and double-click on the icon to open it ‘
4: Drop down the tab of ‘Show Profiles’ and select your ‘Outlook profile’ amongst all the given email accounts
5: Hit the button of ‘Properties’ and open the ‘Email Accounts’
6: Here, again select your email account that keeps asking you for entering the password and hit the ‘Change’ tab
7: Select and drop down the ‘Change Account’ tab and choose the option os ‘More Settings’
8: Select the tab of ‘Security’ under the ‘Microsoft Outlook Exchange’ dialogue box
9: Choose the ‘Anonymous Authentication’ from the ‘Login Network Security’ box and click on ‘Ok’
10: Click on ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’ respectively an you will be redirected to the ‘Account Settings’ section, here, click on ‘Close’
11: Click on ‘Close’ and exit from the ‘Control Panel’ folder
After just a quick follow up on the aforementioned essential instruction you will be able to deal with the issue: Outlook keeps asking for password.
If Outlook keeps asking for your password then, there is nothing to worry about. It is one of the most common issues that Outlook users report periodically. Some of the most possible reasons have been found and mentioned below:
1. Antivirus programs installed on your operating system
2. NTLM Authentication is not enabled in Outlook Anywhere
3. You must have shared Calendars with many contacts and Outlook wants to confirm your identification by constantly asking for a password.
These were some of the possible reasons. However, irrespective of the reasons, you can always deal with the issue by following some troubleshooting tips.