Unfortunately, Outlook users do encounter many critical issues such as ‘Outlook 2016 crashes when adding account opening email’. However, to get back to your Outlook account, send, and receive email messages, you must come to grips with such critical issues. To help you with the same, we are here with a detailed guide. Go through this article and learn why you are facing Outlook 2016 keeps crashing issues and 10 effective ways to deal with it.
Outlook 2016 Keeps Crashing: Main Causes
- A corrupt Microsoft Outlook profile can trigger crashes in the program while you start it.
- If the files you have attached to the email messages to send are corrupted, you will see that Outlook 2016 is crashing.
- Your Outlook 2016 crashing issue can occur in the middle of the work due to the corrupted Outlook PST Files.
So now, you know that what situations caused you an ‘Outlook 2016 keeps crashing’ error. Now, follow the mentioned troubleshooting solutions and learn how to fix them as well.
How to Fix Outlook 2016 Keeps Crashing Error?
If your Outlook 2016 is crashing or freezing continuously, you just need to follow one or more enlisted methods. All the troubleshooting methods are incredibly easy to execute and
Turn Off the McAfee Host IPS Mode
Some of the McAfee Antivirus features such as Host IPS can trigger Outlook 2016 crashing issues. To fix this issue you must disable the feature by following the enlisted steps.
- Start your system and navigate towards the lower-right corner on the taskbar.
- Find the ‘McAfee Antivirus’ icon and right-click on it.
- Expand the McAfee Antivirus options and select the ‘Quick Settings’ option.
- Locate the ‘Host IPS’ toggle and click on it to turn it off.
Note: Remember, to not face the ‘Outlook 2016 crashing on Windows 10’ issue, repeat the steps after every time you start-up the system.
After turning off the Host IPS option, your antivirus program will not block Outlook from processing and you will not experience Outlook 2016 crashes when opening.
Reinstall Office 2016
Many users have relatively solved the ‘EMSMDB DLL Outlook 2016 crash’ issues by just reinstalling the Outlook program. Here are the steps that will come in handy.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu options.
- Navigate towards the ‘Programs and Features’ and open it.
- Locate the ‘Outlook 2016’ program and right-click on its icon.
- Click on the ‘Repair’ from the given options.
- When the option of ‘How you want to repair your Outlook program?’ pops up on your screen, click on the ‘Online Repair’ option.
After applying the aforementioned steps, follow the on-screen prompts and finish repairing Outlook 2016 and prevent it from crashing in the future.
Update Your Motherboard BIOS
When the BIOS has not been updated for long, it can slow down your system, and sometimes, several programs can crash down. If this is why you are experiencing Microsoft Outlook 2016, follow the steps mentioned in this method and update the BIOS properly.
Note: Before you update your BIOS, identify which BIOS version you are using currently. To do so, follow the right clicks as mentioned below:
- Click on the ‘Windows’ icon and select the ‘Power’ button.
- From the Power menu options, hit on the ‘Restart’.
- Once the system restarts, click on the ‘F2’ and ‘F8’ keys together and hold the keys for 10-15 seconds and read the details.
Once you get to know which BIOS version you are using, follow the below-mentioned steps, and update BIOS to permanently get rid of the Outlook 2016 keeps crashing issues.
- Close all the processing tabs and start Windows 10 freshly.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and expand its Menu options.
- Select the ‘Power’ button and Hold the Shift key and choose the Restart option.
- After a few seconds, you will see three options under the ‘Choose an option’, select ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Now, click on the ‘Advanced options’ and choose the last option that is ‘UEFI Firmware Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Restart’ button and your system will immediately start booting BIOS.
- In the next step, select the option of ‘BIOS update’ and the BIOS update file from the USB drive.
Once the above-mentioned seven steps, select a tool to create a USB flash drive so that the BIOS files are automatically transferred to a new folder. Once the BIOS is updated, restart your device and see if the Microsoft Outlook 2016 crashing issues still persist.
Uninstall Useless Add-ons for Outlook
If Outlook crashes while you start the program because of the older extensions, then you must uninstall such Add ons. To do that, simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- Head to the Settings section of your System.
- Choose the ‘Apps & features’ tab from the ‘System’ options.
- The list of ‘Installed apps’ will show on the screen.
- Scroll down the list and find the Outlook 2016 or you can click on the ‘Search tab’ on the Installed Apps window and enter the ‘Outlook’.
- Check all the ‘Outlook 2016 Add Ons’ and click on the ‘Delete’ them.
Once you have disabled or deleted the old Outlook Add ons, restart your system and open Outlook without the Microsoft Outlook 2016 crashing issues.
Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
Although the Hardware acceleration feature is used by much modern software for better performance only, at times, this feature causes several problems in Outlook such as Outlook 2016 crashing. The easiest way to get rid of this error is to disable the Hardware Acceleration.
- Start Outlook 2016 and go to the ‘File’ tab.
- Browse the File Options and click on the ‘Options’ tab to open it.
- Locate the ‘Advanced’ and tap on the ‘Display’.
- Here you will see the ‘Disable Hardware Graphics Acceleration’ option, check the box next to its entry.
- Then, hit the ‘Apply’ or ‘Save’ option to make the changes.
Once you have successfully finished disabling the Hardware Graphic Acceleration feature, then the Outlook 2016 crashes when opening issues will be completely resolved.
Start Outlook as Administrator
Due to the lack of administrative privileges, you can see that your Outlook 2016 keeps crashing. In order to solve it, you must launch Outlook as the administrator. The following steps will help you in doing so.
- Start the Outlook by clicking on its icon on the taskbar.
- Right-click the icon and choose the option of ‘Run as administrator’.
- Now, browse Outlook mails, send or receive new and confirm that your Outlook 2016 is no more crashing.
Once you follow the steps mentioned above and your Outlook will work smoothly. But, remember that to prevent this issue you will have to repeat the steps every time you run Outlook. If you do not want to stick to a tedious procedure, here is another way to start Outlook with administrative privileges.
- Start the system and right-click on the Outlook icon from the taskbar.
- Choose the ‘Properties’ option from the expanded menu.
- Locate the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box that reads ‘Run this program as an administrator’.
- At last, click on the ‘Apply’ and the ‘OK’ tabs respectively to save the changes.
This process will fix the ‘Microsoft Outlook 2016 crashing’ issue permanently and you will not have to apply the steps again and again.
Delete the Outlook Account and Add it Back
If your Outlook 2016 continuously crashing internet explorer because of a corrupted email account, you must fix it by removing the account once and adding it back after some time. Read and apply the enlisted steps on Windows 10 and get rid of these issues.
- Open the Search engine by clicking on the ‘Windows’ Key and ‘S’ Key together.
- Then, enter the ‘Controlenter the control panel’ and choose the ‘Control Panel’ from the match results.
- Locate the ‘Accounts’ option from the ‘ControlWhen the Control Panel’ window and further click on the ‘User Accounts’.
- Check the registered mail accounts by clicking on the ‘Mail’.
- Choose the ‘Email accounts’ and select your ‘Outlook account’ by its Username.
- Right-click on your account and choose the option of ‘Remove’ from the shown options.
- If you have multiple accounts configured into the Outlook program, repeat the steps to remove all the email accounts.
Wait until the accounts are removed and then add them back one by one. Once the Outlook accounts are added back successfully, you will not face the ‘Outlook 2016 crashes when opening’ issues anymore.
Delete iCloud and Internet Calendar
By deleting the Internet Calendars and iCloud data files from the crashed Outlook profile, you can easily get rid of the ‘Outlook 2016 crashing on Windows 10’ issues. Move to the next easy fix, if you are used to using such Outlook features on a regular basis.
- Head to the ‘User Accounts’ section via the ‘Control Panel’ window.
- Select the option of ‘Mail’ and tap on the ‘Show Profiles’.
- From the available Outlook profiles, select your profile by its name or ID.
- Right-click on the same and hit on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Browse the ‘Data files’ window and start looking for the Internet Calendars and iCloud files.
- Check the boxes next to the files you want to delete and click on the ‘Remove’ button.
- Click on the ‘Save’ or ‘Done’ option to apply the changes and exit from the Control Panel.
We are hopeful that after applying the aforementioned steps of deleting Outlook Internet Calendars and iCloud data files, the Outlook 2016 crashing issues will not persist anymore.
Verify Your Outlook Password
Another major factor why your Outlook 2016 keeps crashing on the Windows system is the wrong password. If you have changed your account password on another device and now access on Windows, the Outlook program may get crashed. To deal with this issue, you just need to update your new email password on all your devices. Follow the steps for more details:
- Start an Outlook program on your system.
- Move to the ‘upper-left’ corner of the window and click on the ‘File’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Account Settings’ tab on the right side and drop down the options.
- Click on the ‘Account Settings’ again and choose the ‘Update Password’ option.
- Enter the ‘New Password And click on the ‘OK’ button to apply the changes.
After following these aforementioned steps, if you are taken back to the ‘Outlook Sign In’ window, enter the updated password and log into your Outlook account again.
Configure Outlook Server Settings
- Open the Outlook and locate the ‘Select Manual setup’ option. On other versions, you must choose the ‘Additional server types’ tab to open.
- Select the ‘Exchange ActiveSync’ and enter the Outlook mail login details such as ‘Username’, ‘Email Address’, and ‘Password’.
- For the Outlook Mail server settings, you must enter ‘m.hotmail.com’ or ‘m.outlook.com’ as per your email address.
- Complete the configuration of your Outlook mail account by entering the correct mail server port numbers for outgoing and incoming as 587 and 993 port numbers.
- Set SSL as the connection server and complete the manual configuration by entering the Outlook email address and password.
Once you finish the Outlook manual setup successfully, you can start the program without facing the ‘EMSMDB DLL Outlook 2016 crash’ issue on Windows.
After going through the guide, you must have learnt in what scenarios the Outlook 2016 keeps crashing issues occur and different ways to deal with it. All the 10 troubleshooting fixes have been reported to be very effective, if you are seeking any guidance while Office.Com/Setup, contact our tech experts.