The crummiest thing that can happen to you is if you delete an important email message in Outlook by mistake? Whether you just delete the email or permanently purge it, it doesn’t disappear. We often delete unwanted emails to clear the junk without knowing that we might want it later. But there is nothing to worry about because the technological advancements enable you to recover deleted email messages. If you want to restore the deleted emails and look for some most effective ways that teach you how to recover deleted emails in Outlook, then stop looking more. Here is a much detailed guide that comes in handy, go through the guide, and recover the deleted emails.
How to Recover Deleted Emails In Outlook From An Exchange Account?
If you have deleted an important email by a fault that is no longer in your Outlook exchange account’s ‘Deleted Items’ folder, use the web interface to the Outlook account and recover your deleted emails. Read and follow the below-mentioned steps one by one to learn how to recover deleted emails in Outlook.
Note: Users must take note that Outlook on Macbook does not provide an interface to retrieve deleted email from an Exchange account.
If you are looking for the method of how to recover deleted emails in Outlook Mac, this method will go.
- Start the operating system and open Outlook Web App to log in to your Exchange account in an internet browser
- Once you are signed in, navigate yourself towards the ‘Deleted Items’ folder
- Drop down the list in the folder and click on the ‘Recover items deleted from this folder’
- Emails will be sorted by the date they were deleted on. Hover over the emails you would like to recover and select all of them by ‘Checking’ the box
- Navigate yourself towards the middle of the window. There will be three options. Click on the ‘Restore’
Once you follow all the aforementioned steps one by one you will know how to recover deleted emails in Outlook. The recovered emails will automatically move to its original folder from where you deleted the email.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails In Outlook 2013 On Windows?
When we delete emails from the Outlook account, we think the emails get deleted permanently but the emails move to the ‘Deleted Items’ folder. When you delete the email from the ‘Deleted Items’ folder as well, the emails get permanently deleted. Such emails can be recovered after a period of time, that span of time depends on the settings of ‘Exchange Administrator’. To know how to recover deleted emails in Outlook 2013 on Windows, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open your Windows operating system and connect to the Outlook 2013 Exchange account
- Provide your valid Outlook login credentials and log in to your Exchange account.
- Move your cursor towards the ‘Home’ tab and navigate towards the ‘Deleted Items’ folder
- Choose the option of ‘Action’ and drop down the list to further select the ‘Recover Deleted Items From Server’
- There will be all the permanently deleted emails presented in the list with the headers like ‘From’ and ‘Deleted On’, check the email you would want to recover under the ‘Recover Deleted Items’
In case you want to recover all the permanently deleted emails, navigate towards the bottom-left corner and click on ‘Selected All’
- Now, navigate towards the bottom-left corner and click on ‘Restore Selected Items’ and click on ‘Ok’
Once you follow the aforementioned steps, your permanently deleted emails will be recovered and stored in the ‘Deleted Items’. Now that you know how to recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook, learn how you can shift the recovered emails to any folder as per your wish.
- Now, go back to the ‘Deleted Items’ folder and mark the ‘Recovered emails’ and right-click on it
- Select the option of ‘Move’ and hit the button of ‘Other Folder’ and drop down the list to choose the name of the folder
- Select any one option from the ‘Inbox’, ‘Drafts’, ‘Sent Items’ etc. and hit the button of ‘Ok’
After just a quick follow up on the aforementioned method of how to recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook 2013.
How to Recover Deleted Emails In Outlook 2003?
The emails we delete from the Outlook account, the emails do not get permanently deleted, you can always recover those deleted emails in the ‘Deleted Items’ folder. Follow the below-mentioned steps and know how to recover emails deleted from trash in Outlook in no time.
- Open Outlook 2003 or head to the Outlook login page and log into your account by providing the valid Outlook email address and password for the ID.
- Move towards the ‘Deleted Items’ (for the Outlook Web App, POP account and Outlook Exchange users) and ‘Trash’ (for the IMAP account holders) and open it
- Highlight the emails you would want to recover. In case you could not find the email you are looking for due to too many deleted emails, go to the ‘Search’ box type the name of the sender or the subject of the mail
- Click right on the highlighted emails and select the option of ‘Move’ and shift the emails to ‘Other Folder’
Windows users can press ‘Control’, ‘Shift’, and ‘V’ keys together their keyboard and Macbook Air users can ‘Shift’, ‘M’ and ‘Command’ keys together.
- Hit the button of ‘OK’ on Windows or click on ‘Move’ on MacBook.
Once you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, your deleted emails will be recovered. Follow the same process if you want to recover a few more emails without searching for how to recover deleted emails in Outlook 2003.
How to Recover Deleted Emails In Outlook From .PST Files?
A .pst file (Personal Storage Folder) by Outlook is given to every user with 2GB, the users can store the copies of Calendar, Contacts, Emails, Notes, etc. If the .pst file gets corrupted, you lose many imperative items and also the chance to recover your deleted emails. Now, learn how to recover deleted emails in Outlook by following the below-mentioned steps and from your pst file.
- Launch an Outlook pst file repairer and select the pst file to recover it
You can search for the ‘pst file’ in the search box of your Windows operating system if you are not aware of the location of the pst file.
- Once the ‘PST file (Outlook)’ is opened, click on the button of ‘Next’
- Under the ‘Item Type’ all the types of the items stored in the pst file will be presented such as Email, Calendar, Task, Journal, Notes, Contacts, Distribution List
- Select the button of ‘Email’ and click on ‘Next’
- Here will be all the email messages stored that you have deleted, the emails might be sorted by date. Select the emails you would want to recover
- Right-click on the highlighted emails and select the option of ‘Save’ to recover
- Provide the ‘Destination Path’ in the dialogue box and hit the button of ‘Ok’
Your destination path has to be the folder you would want to store the recover messages
- The emails you have deleted will once have now been recovered in the desired folder you mentioned as the destination path.
Once the emails have been recovered, you will be notified as ‘File saved at: E:\Steve Mike\Documents\PST\PST Repaired3.pst’ along with the size of the file.
After following the above-mentioned steps, all the highlighted emails will be stored in your desired folder.
Why Choose us for Recover Deleted Emails in Outlook?
We hope all the aforementioned methods helped you in recovering deleted emails or permanently purged emails in the Outlook email account. The steps mentioned in the methods were easy to execute and do not require an expert to perform. Still, if you are facing difficulty in implementing any of them, start a conversation with our experts over a chat. And let him teach you how to recover deleted emails in Outlook.