A hasty mouse click will happen to us at its best. Sometimes, in a hurry, we inadvertently send a half-done email. That incomplete email is on the way to its recipient and we cring out at the thought of what it would cost us. At that time, the only question arises in our mind is How to Recall an Email in Outlook? Surprisingly and fortunately, in Microsoft Outlook, there is a feature recall email that retrieves the sent email from the receiver’s box even before they read it. There can be two separate ways to recall an email in outlook 365 and other versions:
- Replace the last email with the new complete one.
- Delete the email from the receiver’s maildrop.
Other online email service providers call the feature something else. Like Gmail has a feature ‘Undo Send’ to recall the sent email.
There are users who yet do not know what does it mean to recall an email in outlook 365, to recall an email means to take back the email you sent by mistake. Isn’t that a great feature?
Though, this feature has some limitations and requirements. The changes can be made within a duly time-period or pay for the mistake done in the hustle. Before looking into Outlook recall requirements and limitations, let’s learn how can you recall an email in outlook.
Note: This article contains the method of how do I recall an email in outlook 2010/2013/2016/2017/2018/365.
How Do I Recall an Email in Outlook 2016?
Before you start attempting any of the following methods, this is to inform you that the ‘Recall email’ feature does not apply or work on Mobile Apps. While trying to recall an email in outlook 2016 or any other version. Make sure you do it on windows and not on mobile apps. Now follow one or more of the following methods to find the answer of can I recall an email in outlook.
How Do You Recall an Email in Outlook
- Go the ‘Sent Items’ and select the email is sent by mistake
- Double click the email and it will open to a new window
- Click on ‘Actions’ and drop down the ‘Menu’ tab
- Select ‘Recall this email’ from Menu
- There will be two options, choose one of them:
‘Delete unread copies of the email’
‘Delete unread copies and replace with a new email’
- Conclude if you want the recipient to notify the reason of recalling the email
- Click on ‘Ok’ to finally recall the email
After the process, Outlook 2016 will send you an email to notify you about the result of the recall. If you still fail to attempt this method, follow the next method to get the answer of how do I recall an email in outlook 2018.
What are the Limitations and Requirements to Recall an Email in Outlook?
- The recall an email feature functions only with Windows users and is not available for Outlook Mac and Outlook on the web.
- It is not possible to retract an email already opened by the recipient or processed by rule, spam filter, or add-in. The sent email should be unread
- Sender and Receiver must have a Microsoft Outlook exchange account
- If any email is protected by AIP – Azure Information Protection, the recall feature would not be applicable.
Conclusion: emailshelp.org always brings the best possible solution and methods of major-minor queries like How Do I Recall an Email in Outlook 365 in all the versions like 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018. If you were unable to follow the above-mentioned methods, connect with our expert technician over a chat. The technical experts will resolve your problem/query from a distance only, by using an online remote. Our Outlook email repair services have been praised by thousands of customers from all over the world. Hence, try it and know yourself.