Outlook is one of the most preferred email clients not just for its easy-to-use feature but also because it can handle several types of threats. However, some errors such as Outlook error 0x800ccc0f or errors related to account configuration and connection problems are capable of ruining your entire business day.
If you are also annoyed with the same Outlook issue and looking for an easy fix, go through this guide. This article will talk about 5 main causes for error 0x800ccc0f on Outlook 2016 or 2013 and six effective way to solve it.
What is Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f?
You may see the below-mentioned error message on your screen while using your Outlook application.
“Sending / Receiving reported Outlook error 0x800CCC0F: Interruption in the Outlook server connection.”
This can occur immediately after a failed operation of email sending or receiving. Such random Outlook issues can be very difficult to deal with. However, learning it’s main causes takes you one step closer to its fix.
Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f: Main Causes
- There can be some technical problems with your Outlook incoming and outgoing mail server setting.
- The Windows Firewall application is stopping the Outlook profile from receiving and sending email messages.
- Your Microsoft Outlook .Pst files are corrupted.
- Poor internet connection is creating problems with MS Exchange server.
- Your Outlook profile is corrupted due to incorrect account settings.
After going through all main reasons, you must follow the below-mentioned solutions to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc0f.
Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f: Quick Fixes
This section covers six effective ways to deal with your problem. Follow all the solutions one by one and resolve your Outlook issue.
- After applying each method, try sending or receiving email messages to confirm that your Outlook issue is fixed.
- Jump to the next method if the one you are trying does not fix the Outlook express error number 0x800ccc0f.
Change the Outlook Server Timeouts Settings
Many Outlook issues can be fixed by the Outlook Server Timeouts. Follow the enlisted steps and increase the Server Timeouts bar to fix the error 0x800ccc0f on Outlook 2016.
- Open Outlook application on the device you are facing this error code.
- Go to the ‘File’ tab in the upper-left corner and open it.
- Expand its options and click on the ‘Account Settings’ button.
- Again choose the ‘Account Settings’ and click on the ‘Email Accounts’ option.
- Select the ‘More Settings’ tab from the ‘Change’ menu options.
- Go to the ‘Email Settings’ window and tap on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Navigate towards the ‘Server Timeouts’ bar and drop down its options.
- Change the Timeouts number and click on the ‘OK’ button to apply the changes.
Disable the Antivirus Software
Many Antivirus programs can slow down email services. At times, it can also block the emails from receiving and sending. Follow the enlisted steps and switch off the Antivirus software and fix Outlook error 0x800ccc0f.
- Select the ‘Task Manager’ by right-clicking on the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Open the Task Manager window and click on the ‘Start-up’ tab.
- Go through the list under the ‘Name’ tab and find the Antivirus utility.
- Select it and click on the ‘Disable’ button in the lower-right corner of the window.
- Now, go back to the Windows button, click on the ‘Power’ button and choose the ‘Restart’ option.
Reboot the Router Connection
Repair and reboot the router and get back on the strong Internet connection to get rid of Outlook 2013 send error 0x800ccc0f immediately.
- Open the Internet browser and enter the IP Address in the URL box to check out the router’s default software.
- Don’t know the IP Address? Open the Run command box, by pressing the ‘Win’ + ‘R’ keys together. Enter the ‘cmd’ in the blank tab and click on the ‘Ok’.
- In the Command box, enter ‘ipconfig’ click on the ‘Ok’ to get the IP address.
Note: Navigate towards the second line, that is your IP address.
- The internet router firm will open in the browser.
- Here, configure the network channel and make changes in the title.
- Reboot the router and reset the settings to default.
- Navigate towards the ‘Diagnostic tools’ and click on it to troubleshoot the other issues left in your router.
- After you are done repairing and rebooting the router, restart your system and get rid of reported error 0x800ccc0f on Outlook.
Repair the Corrupted Outlook .PST File
Use the Outlook Inbox Repair tool and fix .pst data files to resolve the Outlook 2013 send error 0x800ccc0f.
- Open the Microsoft Cortana application installed on your Windows system and enter the ‘scanpst.exe’ in the box.
- If you cannot open the ‘scanpst.exe’ this way, go to the ‘File Explorer’ and click the ‘File’ tab.
- Select the ‘Change folder’ and choose the ‘Folder Options’.
- On the Folder Option window, click on the ‘View’ tab.
- Choose the option of ‘Show hidden files, folders and drives’.
- Hit the option of ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ buttons consecutively.
- You can see, the Scanpst.exe is ‘C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice 13 path for 32-bit Windows’.
- Edit the numeric character at the end with your Outlook version. For an example:
You are using the Office 2016 version, the path has to be: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice 16.
- Double-click on the ‘scanpst.exe’ to open the window.
- Locate the ‘Start’ button and click on it.
- Choose the ‘Outlook Inbox Repair Tool’ option from the Start menu options and scan the window.
- If any unwanted thing is detected after the scanning process, click on the ‘Repair’ button and fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f.
Disable the Windows Firewall
Turning off the Windows Firewall is off another convenient way to deal with the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f. Follow the below-mentioned steps and disable the Windows Firewall.
- Open the Microsoft Cortana application by double-clicking on its icon on the taskbar.
- Enter ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search box, click on the ‘OK’ and the Windows Defender Firewall will open.
- Here, locate the ‘Off and On’ toggle and turn off the Windows Firewall.
- Also, turn off the Windows Defender option.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button to save the changes.
- Go back to the main page of Windows Firewall and locate the ‘Allow an app’ through the Defender Firewall.
- Choose the ‘Change settings’ tab and open the list of ‘Allowed apps’.
- Find the ‘Microsoft Outlook’ and check the boxes of both the mentioned options.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button and save the changes.
- Restart your Windows 10 system and start your mail account without the reported error 0x800ccc0f Outlook.
Launch Outlook in Safe Mode
Launching Outlook application in Safe Mode can fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f. Follow the enlisted steps and get rid of the issue.
- Press the Windows Key and X Key together and open its menu options.
- Hit the Run option on the Win+X window.
- Type down ‘Outlook /safe’ in the search box and click on the OK button.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ button when the ‘A Choose Profiles’ window opens.
- This will launch your Outlook in Safe Mode and the error 0x800ccc0f on Outlook 365 you are facing will be fixed.
We are hopeful that the six easy-to-execute methods helped you in dealing with the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f. Our services do not end here, on facing any further challenges such as How to Fix Outlook Certificate Error, you may contact our email experts and get rid of any Outlook related issues.