Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email service providers known for its free webmail services. However, if you are using an exchange account, you may encounter many synchronization issues including Outlook error 0x8004011d.
Is the same issue driving you up the wall while trying to fix it? Don’t worry! This article will not only help you deal with the Outlook error 0x8004011d using 7 different ways but also discuss its main causes in detail.
What is Outlook Error 0x8004011d?
This is a synchronization problem you may face whenever you try to sync an additional Outlook mail account to the improperly installed Outlook application. While encountering this problem you may see one of the following error messages on your screen:
- Server is not available; Outlook 2013 error 0x8004011d found.
- Cannot find the requested Outlook account 0x8004011d.
- 0x8004011d Outlook access failed.
- Cannot synchronize Outlook 0x8004011d.
- Outlook 365 error 0x8004011d detected; reinstall the Outlook application.
- Outlook application failed to process due to Outlook error 0x8004011d found.
- 0x8004011d: Outlook Task Exchange Server Failed.
Wondering why you are receiving these types of error messages?
We have discussed some key reasons that trigger an Outlook Error 0x8004011d in the next section.
Outlook Error 0x8004011d: Key Causes
- Some virus or malware is attacking your computing system.
- Interruption in internet connection.
- You have not installed the Outlook program properly.
- Unknown conflicts in your system.
- Server ports are blocked on the Windows system.
- Because of the incorrect gateway configuration Outlook application is not responding.
Irrespective of the aforementioned reasons, you can always fix the problem just by going through some of the most effective fixes discussed in the next section.
Outlook Error 0x8004011d: Easy Fixes
To fix this Outlook issue on your own, you just need to follow one or more of the easy troubleshooting methods.
Update the Windows system
- Start Windows system and type ‘Update’ to open the Windows Updates.
- Look for the ‘Check for updates’ button and click on it.
- prior step will start looking for the latest updates for your system.
- Click on the ‘Important updates are available’ message shown on your screen.
- Click on the ‘Download’ and ‘Install’ buttons consecutively.
- Hit the button of ‘OK’ and ‘Install updates’ to confirm your choice.
Once the Windows system is updated, restart the Outlook 365 application and you will see the ‘Outlook 365 error 0x8004011d’ has been fixed.
Run an SFC Scan
- Start Windows and click on the ‘S’ and ‘Windows’ keys together to open the ‘Search box’.
- Type ‘cmd’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Right-click on the ‘Command’ box and select the ‘Run’ from the expanded options.
- Enter the ‘sfc /scannow’ and hit on the ‘Enter’.
- After a while, you will see the ‘Troubleshoot’ button, click on it and get rid of the Outlook error 0x8004011d completely.
- Start Outlook 365 and navigate towards the ‘File’.
- From the expanded options click on the ‘Microsoft Outlook’.
- Choose the ‘Office Account’ and click on the ‘Update Options’.
- Click on the ‘Enable Updates’ so that you received updates automatically.
- Confirm your choice to update the Outlook app by clicking on the ‘Update Now’.
Once the Outlook app is updated, start it without the Outlook error 0x8004011d.
Outlook Error 0x8004011d: Advanced Fixes
Here are some quick step-by-step advanced fixes to deal with Outlook 365 error 0x8004011d:
Perform a Malware Scan in Safe Mode
- Insert your SD card to the Windows system on which you are facing ‘Outlook 2013 error 0x8004011d’.
- Right-click on the drive and expand its options. Choose the ‘Format’ option.
Note: Create a backup file if you have any important data in the external card, then format it.
- On the ‘Format External Card (E)’ window, click on the box that reads ‘Quick Format’ and click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Once you are done formatting the external card, go to the ‘Power’ button, and click on the ‘Restart’ button and ‘Shift’ key together.
- The prior step will restart your system in Safe Mode.
- Now, you will see the ‘Recovery menu’ on your screen. Select the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- ‘Advanced Options’ window will open, navigate towards the ‘Startup Settings’ and click on it.
- From the options of ‘Startup Settings’, click on the fifth one that is ‘Enable Safe Mode With Networking’.
You can also click on the ‘F5’ and the system will start booting in Safe Mode.
Note: To complete this process, you would need a strong internet connection. Only then can the Windows Safety Scanner utility can be downloaded and deployed.
- After the completion of reboot in Safe Mode and visit the official webpage of Microsoft Safety Scanner utility and download it from there.
- Open the MSERT and do as the instructions prompt on your screen and scan the system.
- Once the scan is complete, reboot the system and confirm that the Outlook 2013 error 0x8004011d has been resolved.
Check the Database and Information Stores
- Open the ‘Exchange Manager’ and locate the ‘Server and Storage Group’.
- Right-click on it and open the ‘Mailbox store’ from the given options.
The prior step will check the state of the Mailbox.
- Turn the option from ‘Dismounted’ to ‘Mounted’ store.
- Go back to the ‘Administration Command Prompt’ window, enter the following text, and click on the ‘Enter’ button.
- Wait until the status is shown on your screen.
Note: Ensure that the transaction logs are existing in case you see the Database status as Dirty.
- Now, go back to the ‘Administration Command Prompt’ and enter ‘Eseutil /p’ in case you cannot see the logs.
The prior step will fix the database. Make sure you create a backup as after this step, data can be lost.
- Again in the command prompt, enter ‘Eseutil /d’ and defrag the database
- At last, ‘Isinteg.exe –fix’ and run the ‘Information Store Integrity Checker’.
Once you have checked and fixed the information store and database, the Outlook 365 error 0x8004011d will also be fixed.
Create a New Outlook Profile
- Open Outlook of any version and click on the ‘Show Profiles’.
- Click on the ‘Outlook profile’ that you are currently using and right click on it.
- Select the option of ‘Remove’
Note: Create a backup .PST or .OST file as the upcoming steps can erase all data files.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on ‘Yes’ and wait for the process to complete.
- Once your current account is removed, reboot your Outlook and configure the mail settings of your old profile.
Your .pst and .ost files will be automatically configured and the Outlook error 0x8004011d the server is not available will be resolved.
Allow Two Outlook Exchange Accounts in One Outlook App
- Open the Run dialogue box with the help of ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Enter ‘regedit’ in box and hit on the ‘Enter’ button.
- The prior step will open the Registry Editor.
- Choose the ‘Yes’ when the User Account Control (UAC) confirmation prompts.
- Navigate towards the Menu from the left side of the Registry Editor.
- Copy the following text, paste it in the ‘Navigation’ bar, and ‘Enter’ key.
- Right-click on anywhere and click on the ‘New’ from the options.
- Select the ‘Dword (32-bit) value’ and create a new name for the value. Type: MaximumAllowedSessionsPerUser.
- Double-click on the new name and change the Value with the number of Outlook exchange accounts you want to synchronize.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ and close the Registry Editor once the changes are saved.
- Go back to the home screen and click on the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- On the Run dialog box, type: services.msc. Hit the ‘Enter’ option.
- Navigate towards the right section of the Service screen and click on the ‘Microsoft Exchange Information Store’.
- Expand its options by clicking right and hit on the ‘Restart service’.
After the completion of the above procedure, restart Outlook without the 0x8004011D error code.
All the easy and advanced fixes to deal with the Outlook error 0x8004011d are reportedly very effective. We hope by the end of this article, you will be able to fix the error on your own and also prevent it from occurring. In case you need more guidance, leave a comment.