Microsoft Outlook is one of the foremost email providers and known for its outstanding features. But at times, users do experience Outlook error 0X80040115 while sending an email message. This Outlook error is not easy to isolate, that is why we are here. If you are searching for its solution like searching Crystal Skulls in the Kingdom of Akator, then stop searching for you. Because you are already on the best site to go through.
This article will take you through the main causes, symptoms, and 5 best-ever solutions for sending reported error 0x80040115 on Outlook 2016 or any version.
Outlook Error 0X80040115: Main Causes
Go through the responsible factors of the occurrence of sending reported error 0X80040115 on Outlook 2016 to make the troubleshooting method easier.
- You have not installed the Outlook program properly on the Windows system.
- An Oversized PST file can also cause an Outlook error 0X80040115.
- Your Outlook PST file has been damaged due to a virus attack.
- There is some internal conflict in the Outlook profile.
- You don’t have access to a strong internet connection.
- Incorrect Outlook email servers.
We hope that now you know what generates Outlook 0x80040115 error.
Outlook Error 0X80040115: Symptoms
Wondering what are symptoms of the sending reported error 0x80040115 on Outlook 2016? The below-mentioned points signify that error code 0x80040115 has occurred.
- You have received a random error message with 0x80040115 code while sending an email.
- Your system is hanging in every few minutes.
- The Outlook is running very slow.
Are you facing similar issues and want to get rid of them permanently? Go through the upcoming section and fix the error 0X80040115 with the snap of the fingers.
How to Fix ‘Outlook Error 0x80040115’?
Here are some feasible solutions that will make the fixing an Outlook error 0X80040115 issue as easy as pie.
Changing Your Profile Settings
Change the Outlook Profile settings as per the enlisted instructions and fix your issue.
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ from the ‘Start Menu’ options.
- Before opening the ‘Mail’ folder, choose the ‘Large Icons’ from the ‘View Options’.
- Tap on ‘Show Profiles’ and then choose your Outlook Profile.
- Right-click on it and choose the ‘Properties’.
- From the ‘Mail Setup’, click on the ‘Email accounts’
- Select your ‘Outlook account’ and click on the ‘Change’.
- Navigate towards the ‘More Settings’ in the left corner and click on it.
- Click on the ‘Changing Outlook Account Settings’ and select the ‘Security’ tab.
- Check the ‘Encrypted data of Microsoft Office Outlook’ as well as Microsoft Exchange.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button and end the process.
Now, restart the system and start your email without the error 0X80040115.
Repair the Outlook Installation
If the broken Outlook installation is triggering your account with this issue, fix the installation and get rid of Outlook 0x80040115 error.
- Click on the ‘Windows’ and ‘X’ keys together and choose the ‘Apps and Features’ from the top corner.
- Expand its list and click on the ‘Microsoft Outlook’.
- Click on the ‘Modify’ and search for your ‘Microsoft Office account’.
- Choose the option of ‘Modify’ and run the ‘Quick Repair’ feature.
- Let the tool detect and diagnose the error, restart Outlook when it is finished to confirm that this method has isolated the error.
Start Outlook in Safe Mode
The third-party extensions sometimes create major problems and due to the same, your Outlook shows errors. Launch it in safe mode and get rid of any Outlook error.
- Click on the ‘Windows + R’ keys on the keyboard to open the Run box.
- Enter the ‘Outlook /safe’ in the Run dialogue box.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ and then Outlook will open in Safe Mode.
- To make sure you do not face a sending reported error 0x80040115 on Outlook 2016 anymore, go to the ‘File.
- Click on the’ Options’ and open the ‘Add-ins’ folder and click on the ‘Remove all the third-party add-ins’.
After launching the Outlook in Safe mode and removing the third party extension, the error will surely be fixed.
Flush DNS (Domain Name System)
Flush out the incorrect DNS configuration and caches to never face the Outlook 2013 error 0x80040115 again.
- Click on the ‘Windows’ key and ‘X’ key together.
- From the available options in the list, click on the ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’.
- Open the command prompt, enter ‘ipconfig/ flushdns’ and click on the ‘Enter’.
- Wait for a few seconds and click on the ‘Cross’ icon to close the window.
- Open the Outlook and send an email to confirm that you have fixed the issue.
Disable Antivirus Program
- Choose the ‘Settings’ option from the ‘Start’ menu options.
- Click on the ‘Update & Security’ and choose ‘Windows Security’.
- Open it and select the ‘Virus & threat protection’.
- Drop down its option and click on the ‘Manage settings’.
- There will be an option of ‘Switch Real-time protection’, turn the option to Off.
- Close the window and run Outlook with the 0x80040115 error.
At last, by following one or more of the aforementioned solutions you must have fixed the Outlook error 0x80040115. Our email help does not end here if you have further doubts regarding Office.Com/Setup, connect with our experts, and get rid of any Outlook related error.