Unexpected errors such as Outlook error 0x8004010f can turn into a nightmare for any user. Outlook errors with cryptic codes are not easy to comprehend, which makes fixing the error even more difficult. If the 0x8004010f error in Outlook is putting a halt to your daily emailing routine, then you must go through this guide.
This guide will take you through the 8 most effective ways to fix the Outlook error 0x8004010f and key reasons why it occurs in the first place.
What is Outlook Error 0x8004010f?
Outlook Error 0x8004010f is an MAPI error that a user can receive while sending or receiving an email message. It occurs while synchronizing or downloading the Offline address book. You will receive any of the following error messages while facing this error.
- “0x8004010f: The operation has failed. An object could not be found”.
- “0x8004010f: Outlook data file cannot be accessed”.
Note: The 0x8004010f error in Outlook is mostly seen in version 2010, 2013, and 2019.
Outlook Error 0x8004010f: Main Causes
The 0x8004010f error in Outlook can occur due to many reasons, sometimes, even without any warning. To get rid of it, you must find the root cause of it. Some of the possible reasons are listed below:
- The Outgoing and Incoming Outlook messages are blocked by the Firewall features.
- Your Outlook OST file is corrupt.
- You have configured incorrect Outlook profile settings.
- There is some interruption in internet connection with your Microsoft Outlook Exchange server.
- Technical glitches with the Outlook server settings.
Now that you know the reasons behind 0x8004010f error, let’s get familiar with some effective solutions and get your Outlook back on track.
How to fix ‘Outlook Error 0x8004010f’?
To fix error 0x8004010f on Outlook 2013, 2010, or 2019, you should perform the following methods of our guide below.
Note: After you finish applying any method, you try and send/ receive an email to make sure the 0x8004010f error in Outlook is fixed.
Create a New Outlook Profile
The 0x8004010f error in Outlook occurs due to corrupt data files. The following steps will fix it:
- Open the ‘Run’ box on Windows by pressing ‘Windows + R’ keys together.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ and enter the ‘OK’ key.
- Navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ tab and expand its options.
- Select the ‘All Control Panel Items’ option.
- Click on the ‘Mail’ and select the option of ‘Show Profiles’.
- Click on the ‘Properties’ tab and choose the ‘Data Files’ option.
- Select All, Copy the name of the ‘Default Data’ file, and click the ‘Close’ tab.
- Go back to the ‘Control Panel’ and open the ‘Mail Setup’ window.
- Tap on the ‘Show Profiles’ and choose the ‘Add’ button.
- Select the option of ‘Manual Setup’ or ‘Additional Server’ to open a ‘New Account’ window.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Choose ‘POP’ or ‘IMAP’ option to configure incoming and outgoing servers.
- Press on the ‘Next’ button and enter the required Outlook account details.
- Choose the ‘Existing Outlook Data File option, and tap on the ‘Browse’ button.
- Drop down the ‘Data Files’ and choose the previously noted files.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button and choose the ‘Close’ and ‘Finish’ options consecutively.
Restart the Windows system after applying the steps and get rid of the ‘Outlook error 0x8004010f’.
Disable Antivirus Features
At times, antivirus features can also conflict with Outlook to trigger 0x8004010f error. Follow the steps mentioned below and disable antivirus utilities:
- Right-click on the ‘Windows’ and click on the ‘Task Manager’ option to open.
- Click on the ‘Start-up’ tab and select the antivirus program installed on your system.
- Choose the option of the ‘Disable’ tab.
- Close the window and click on the ‘Start’ button and select the option of ‘Restart’.
- Open the Outlook again and send an email to check if the 0x8004010f error in Outlook has been fixed.
Turn Off the Windows Defender
If you are facing error 0x8004010f on Microsoft Outlook 2013 turn off the Windows Defender and get rid of it.
- Open the ‘Search’ bar by pressing the ‘Windows’ and ‘S’ keys.
- Type ‘Firewall’ in the search box and click on the ‘Enter’.
- Choose the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ from the given list.
- Choose the ‘Customise Settings’ to open.
- Under the ‘Private Network Settings’, click on the ‘Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall’.
- Under the ‘Public Network Settings’, again check the option of ‘Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall’.
- Click the ‘OK’ option and close the window.
Refresh everything and start the email account without an error.
Find the PST Data File
Facing an Outlook 2010 sending error 0x8004010f? Follow the right clicks to find the Pst file and fix the error:
- Open Outlook 2010 and click on the ‘File’ tab.
- Select the ‘Account Settings’ to open and again click on the ‘Account Settings’ in the middle of the window.
- Choose the ‘Data files’ to open and under the ‘Name and Location’.
- Check the mark before the first option and close the window.
- Restart the system and start an error-free Outlook.
Set the Outlook Profile as the Default
To get rid of the Outlook 2019 error 0x8004010f by setting the Outlook profile as the Default.
- Go to the ‘Mail’ folder via the ‘Control Panel’ section.
- Choose the option of ‘Show Profiles’ from the Mail Menu options.
- Select the recently added Outlook profile and right-click on it to expand its options.
- Choose ‘Properties’ and click on the ‘Mail Setup’.
- Click on the ‘Email Accounts…’ tab and hover to the ‘Data File’
- Under the same, click on the ‘Set As Default’ option.
- Click on the ‘Close’ tab and complete the process.
Now that your profile has set as default, run it without the 0x8004010f error in Outlook.
Cross Check with Outlook Server Settings
Replace the incorrect Outlook server settings with correct ones to fix the error.
Outlook IMAP Setting:
- Server hostname: imap-mail.outlook.com
- Username: Outlook Email Address
- Password: Outlook Email Password
- IMAP Port Number: 993
- Encrypted Connection: TLS
Outlook SMTP Setting:
- Server hostname: smtp-mail.outlook.com.
- Username: Outlook Email Address
- Password: Outlook Email Password.
- SMTP Port Number: 587
- Encrypted Connection: TLS
If the Outlook server settings are already correctly configured, skip the method and head to the upcoming fix for the Outlook 2010 sending error 0x8004010f.
Turn On the Safe Mode
- Open the Run box by clicking on ‘Windows + R’ keys together.
- Enter the ‘outlook.exe /safe’ text in the Run dialogue box.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button and the safe mode will be on.
- Now, run Outlook in the Safe Mode and send an email on Outlook to see if it is fixed.
Convert OST to PST
Follow the steps to convert the OST files to PST files in Outlook and fix Outlook 2019 error 0x8004010f.
- Open the Outlook 2019 and click on the ‘Files’.
- Choose the option of ‘Open & Export’.
- Click on the ‘Import & Export’ and choose the ‘Export’.
- Click on the ‘Next’ and choose the ‘Outlook Data File (.pst)’.
- Choose the ‘Next’ tab and select all the OST data files you want to export.
- Click on the ‘Next’ again.
- Navigate towards the ‘Location’ and browse where you want to export the files to.
- Select one of the available options regarding the duplicate data files and click on ‘OK’.
All the above solutions have the potential to deal with the error.
We hope that you have been able to fix the Outlook issue after going through them. If you have any further doubts or seeking any professional assistance regarding Microsoft Outlook Not Implemented, contact our email experts and get any Outlook related problems fixed.