Are you receiving a ‘Microsoft Outlook Not Implemented Error’ message while sending an email? Questions like why am I facing this error, how to fix it, what does this error code mean, and many other questions must be coming in your mind. That’s why we are here.
These types of Outlook issues are indeed difficult to deal with. However, you can fix it on your own if you stick to this guide. Refer to this guide to know 6 different ways to fix the Outlook error not implemented.
What is Outlook ‘Not Implemented’ Error?
Outlook Not Implemented Error is mostly seen on the Outlook versions 2007 to 2016. You may encounter “Not Implemented” error while requesting Outlook to send, forward, reply, receive, reply all, or compose a new email message. This Outlook issue will further block you from performing any key operations.
Wondering how to fix it? Well, at first, go through its main causes and help yourself in knowing the Outlook error ‘not implemented’ better.
Outlook Not Implemented Error: Main Reasons
- You must have Improperly installed the Outlook program or the application has got corrupted.
- Downloaded wrong updates for the Windows system.
- Wrong Outlook outgoing and incoming mail server settings.
- Your Outlook SRS file has been damaged.
- The Outlook extensions are interfering with the email services.
- Your Outlook profile has been corrupted.
- You have installed two different versions of Outlook and both are functioning.
- The recently updated Outlook application is causing the Outlook not implemented error.
- The Outlook .PST files have been corrupted.
How to Fix Microsoft Outlook Error Not Implemented In 2010 or 2007 Version?
In this section, you will learn six different ways to fix Microsoft Outlook not Implemented error. Jump to the next troubleshooting method in case you could not fix it with the one you are implementing.
Fix Corrupt .PST Files
Your Outlook POP account is synchronized with the .PST file that keeps all your profile details and the outgoing/ incoming emails. .pst files get corrupted due to various reasons and cause other Outlook issues such as Outlook error not implemented. To get rid of all this, let’s repair the corrupt PST file.
Note: This method covers two ways to fix the corrupt pst files. One by using the SCANPST tool and another by Stellar tool. Read and follow as per your concern.
Fix .PST file via the SCANPST Tool
- Close the Outlook program and go back to the Windows home screen.
- To find the SCANPST file on your system, open the ‘File Explorer’ window.
- Click on the ‘This PC’ or ‘My Computer’ and open the folder.
- Here, click on the ‘C: drive.’ and open ‘Program File’ as well.
- Find the following file by the name and double-click on it to open:
- Once the file is open, click on the ‘Browse’ option.
Note: Cannot find the .PST file? Follow the enlisted clicks:
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select the ‘Mail’ app.
- Choose ‘Data Files’.
- Select your Outlook mail account.
- Click on the ‘Open file’ location.
- Find and open the .PST file.
- Navigate towards the option of ‘Start scanning the browsed PST’.
- Once the scanning is done, click on the ‘Repair’ button.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button and complete the process.
- Get into the Outlook email account and make sure that Microsoft Outlook error not implemented 2010 is not coming on your way.
Fix .PST File via the Stellar Tool
- First of all, download and install the Stellar Repair tool from it’s the official page.
- Once it is installed and ready to use, click on the ‘PST File for Repair’.
- You will be asked to click on the ‘Browse’ option to find the .PST file you want to repair.
- Click on the ‘Find’ option and open the .PST file from the concerned locations.
- Select the corrupt .PST file clicks on the ‘Repair’ button.
- You will see the scanning window and the estimated time of the completion on your screen.
- Once the scanning process is completed, navigate towards the ‘Upper-left’ corner and click on the ‘Preview’.
- Double-click on the Corrupt .PST files that are shown in the list and click on the ‘Repair’.
- Once the corrupted files are repaired, click on the ‘Saved Repaired File’.
- Now, save the Repaired .PST files by dropping down the ‘Multiple saving options’ and choosing the ‘PST’ as a format.
At last, click on the ‘OK’ button and complete the process of fixing the Outlook not implemented error.
Disable Unwanted Outlook Extensions
NOTE: This is not an automatic but a manual procedure to disable interfering Outlook extensions/ Add-ins.
First, let’s launch the Outlook program in Safe mode.
- If the Outlook program is open on your Windows, close it.
- Open the Windows Run box by pressing ‘Windows+R’ keys.
- Enter ‘outlook.exe /safe’ and click on the ‘Enter’ button.
- After running the Outlook program in safe mode, go back to the home screen.
- Open Outlook and sign in to your account. Then, go to the ‘File’ and tap on the ‘Options’.
- Here, find the option of ‘Add-Ins’ and select the ‘COM Add-ins’ from the given options.
- Open the page by clicking on the ‘Go’ button.
- To disable all the Outlook extensions, unmark all the boxes.
Note: In case, you want to keep some very important Add-ins, leave them marked.
- Navigate towards the upper-right corner of the window and click on the ‘OK’.
- After disabling all the useless Outlook Add-Ins, close the window.
- Open the Outlook application normally and compose an email message to anyone. If the email is sent, you will know that the Microsoft Office outlook 2007 not implemented error.
Repair Office Outlook Application
If side-by-side Outlook installation is causing the Outlook not implemented error then, let’s repair the Office/Outlook application and fix the Outlook error.
- Start Windows and go to the ‘Programs and Features’ window via the Control Panel.
- First, navigate towards the ‘Microsoft Office’ application and open it.
- Drop-down the options and click on the ‘Change’ or ‘Modify’ as per your Office version.
- Click on the Repair and wait until the repairing process is completed.
- Close the current window and go back to your Outlook application. Send an email to any contact and you will know that you are not facing the “Outlook error not implement” anymore.
Create a New Outlook Profile
Creating a new Outlook profile helps you start your Outlook mail account fresh and the SRS are configured from the starch without any error. Follow the instructions and create a new profile:
Note: This process covers steps to create a new profile on Outlook version 2016-19 only.
- Open Windows Search bar and enter the ‘Control panel’ and open the window from the best results.
- Click ‘Mail’ and tap on the ‘Show Profiles’.
- This will open the ‘Mail Window’ and under the ‘General’ column, click on the ‘Outlook’.
- Make sure you do not hit the Copy button.
- Also, avoid clicking on ‘Delete the existing Outlook profile’ before creating a new Outlook profile.
- Under the ‘General’ box, click on the ‘Add’ box and
- A ‘New Profile’ window will pop up on your screen, write ‘Your Name’ as the ‘Profile Name’ and click on the ‘Ok’.
- On the next window, enter the following details:
You will also see a tab of ‘Password’ if you are using Outlook 2007 or 2010. Then, enter the Password as well.
- Now, proceed towards setting up the new Outlook email account by using an automatic method and clicking on the ‘Next’ button.
- Read and implement the instructions popping on the screen and complete creating the new Outlook profile.
- Once the process is completed, go back to the ‘Control Panel’ and click on the ‘Show Profiles’.
- Select the profile you want to use and hit on the ‘OK’.
- Run Outlook with your new profile and without the Microsoft Outlook error not implemented 2010.
Reset Outlook SRS File
The Outlook SRS file has the incoming and outgoing setting that you have set with the help of the Send / Receive dialogue. By resetting them you can fix the Outlook not implemented error. Here is the step by step guide of how you can reset the Outlook SRS file.
- Open the Windows system and go to the ‘My Computer’ window.
- Open the ‘C Drive’ window and navigate towards the ‘Program Files’.
- Find and open the ‘Microsoft products’.
- Click on the ‘Microsoft Office’ and open Office 2007.
- Here, you will find the .PST files here.
- Drive yourself towards the ‘Properties’ by clicking right on the .PST files.
- From the drop-down options of Properties, click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
- Clear all the options under Compatibility mode and click on the ‘Apply’ option to save the changes.
Close the window by clicking on the ‘Ok’ button and restart your computer without Outlook error: not implemented.
After going through the detailed guide on how to deal with Outlook not implemented error, we hope you have fixed the issue on your own. Although we have discussed all the important things that you must need while fixing the Outlook error not implemented, still if you are left with any doubt regarding the Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook, leave a comment and get an instant solution.