Are you wondering how to delete an Outlook email account? If you are no longer able to or want to use your Outlook account, if you have lost the control of handling your Outlook maildrop, if handling your Outlook account has become too tough for you, you must close your account. This article will come in handy for those looking to delete Outlook account.
Why Should You Delete Your Outlook Account?
Some of the possibilities are mentioned below:
- You no longer use that Outlook account – The decision of deleting Outlook email account will be justified if you have stopped using it.
- Worried about the leakage of personal information – If you have an account that you use less but a lot of personal and professional information is stored in your account, you must transfer the files to another Outlook data file and delete your account. As personal data of an inactive Outlook email account can be exposed in the future.
- You are receiving spams – Do you get a lot of spam too? We can imagine, it’s irritating when even the services can’t help. When opening each of your email inboxes, it’s only loaded with mostly unwanted and spam messages. It takes a lot of time each day to clean it up. Then, deleting the Outlook email account just makes more sense.
- You have an account with a childish email address or username – At times, we open an account while we are young and continue the same for more than a decade even for work purposes. You should always have different email IDs for personal and professional use. If you want to switch to an account with a decent or grown-up name, perform the steps of ‘how to delete Outlook email account’ and get rid of the old account.
Now, you know the valid and possible reasons for deleting the Outlook email account. If you are experiencing one or more of the above reasons then, stick to the page and learn how to delete Outlook account in various ways with various outlook version.
|Outlook Account 2018||Outlook Account 2017|
|Outlook Account 2013||Outlook Account 2010|
How to Delete Outlook Account From Outlook Microsoft?
If you want to learn how to delete Outlook email account, the following procedure for deleting an Outlook email account from Outlook Microsoft will come in handy. Follow the enlisted instructions and remove your email account:
- Open Outlook Web application on your system
- Log into your Outlook account by providing the correct Outlook login details
- Once the account is opened, navigate towards the ‘File’ and choose the option of ‘Account Settings Menu’ and open it.
- Find the option of ‘Email account’ and expand its options of ‘Remove account’
- Hit the button of the ‘Remove’ button.
- Outlook will ask you to ‘Confirm whether you want to delete your account or not’, if the same pops on your screen, click on ‘Yes’.
After applying the steps on any version of Outlook like 2013 and 2016, your Outlook email account will be deleted or removed completely.
How to Delete Outlook Email Account in Windows 10?
Deleting or removing an Outlook email account in Windows 10 is as easy as the above. If you use Outlook email services on Windows 10 operating system. Then the subsequent steps are essential to follow in order to learn how to delete Outlook email account.
- Start Windows operating system of version 10 and navigate towards the ‘All Programs’
- Select the ‘Outlook Web App’ and double-click on it to open
- Enter your Outlook email login address and password to access your account
- On your account, click on the ‘More’ that is on the lower-left side of the screen
- Expand the options and click on the ‘Settings’
- Choose the tab of ‘Manage accounts’ from the menu on the right and open it.
- Here, select the account by its ‘Name’ that you want to delete from Outlook.
- Then navigate towards the ‘Account settings’ tab and open it, there will be an option of ‘Delete Account’
- Hit the button of ‘Delete Account’ to confirm
Once you follow the mentioned steps carefully, your Outlook email account will be deleted on Windows 10.
How to Delete Outlook Account 2018?
The below-mentioned instructions are applied on Outlook 2018 for those Outlook email account holders who want to delete their accounts.
- Once you delete your Outlook email account from Outlook 2018 or any other version, you will not be able to send and receive emails from the same account in Outlook.
- Also, remember that if you choose to ‘Remove’ your email account from Outlook, your Outlook email account will not be deactivated. To permanently delete your account, you must contact the email provider.
Follow the enlisted steps to delete Outlook account 2018 in a jiffy.
- Start Outlook 2018 and from its main window, select the ‘File’ option in the top-left corner of the window
- Drop down the options and select the ‘Account Settings’
- Select the option of ‘Account Settings’ again.
- From the given options, choose the ‘Outlook account’ you want to permanently delete,
- Right-click on it and click on the ‘Delete’ option
- Now, a warning will pop up on your screen regarding your choice of deleting your Outlook account 2018.
- Click on ‘Yes’ and proceed. At last click on the ‘Delete’ button and your account will be deleted.
The above steps will help in executing how to delete Outlook account 2018. While applying the last steps, you will be given an option to create a ‘New Location’ to transfer your important data before the account is deleted permanently. In order to transfer the details and files, you must have an Outlook data file. If you do not have one, create an Outlook data file to secure your information before the account gets deleted.
How to Delete Outlook Account from Computer?
Are you used to log in to your Outlook email account via its official webpage on the web browser? And now, want to close your account via the same browser on your computer? Use the subsequent steps to delete Outlook account via Outlook.com
- Open you personal computer and navigate towards any ‘Internet Browser’ and open it
- Head to the official website of Outlook by entering ‘www.outlook.com’ in the address bar
- Under the option of ‘Sign In’ provide your valid Outlook login credentials and hit the button of ‘Login’
- Open the account and proceed to learn how to delete the Outlook account from the computer.
- Navigate towards the ‘Cog’ in the top-right corner of the screen and click on it
- Further, click on the ‘More mail settings’ and drop down the other Outlook settings options.
- Under the big bold letters that read ‘Managing your account’, there will be an option of the ‘Account details such as password, addresses, and more’
- Click on the ‘Account details’ option let the Microsoft account overview page open
- Here you will find the following options to edit
- Update personal details
- Security information
- Close Outlook account
- Scroll down the options and select the option of ‘Close Outlook account’.
- Now, you will be warned by the Outlook email services by showing what happens when an email account is closed.
- Read the information and hit the option of ‘Close My Microsoft Outlook account’
- For security reasons, you might ask to enter the ‘Password’ again. Provide the details.
- Click on the ‘Next’ tab and finish the process of how to delete the Outlook account from the computer by clicking on ‘Finish’.
Congrats! Your attempt to delete your Outlook account on the computer is successfully completed by the end of the last step. Make a note that you can no longer use it to send/ receive mails.
Consequences of Deleting An Outlook Email Account
Now that you have learned how to delete Outlook account on Windows 10 and other computing systems, you must know what are the consequences of deleting it. Although while confirming the services that you want to close your account, you have been warned about the consequences still, we thought it is important to tell the troubled users about it in detail. Here they are:
- No bill reminders anymore – Outlook.com lets you set up various reminders for various events including important bills to be paid. If you still rely on this Outlook feature to make your due payments in a timely manner, you must make an additional arrangement for it before you follow the method of how to delete Outlook account.
- You will lose all information – You might think that you don’t need any information like emails, contacts, and more from your old Outlook.com email account. But, you might need the details anyway. Hence, while closing your email account, you better transfer your details into another Outlook data file. So that even after deleting the email account, you will not lose access to the details.
- Old contacts can’t reach you via this – All the contacts who used to contact you via your old Outlook email account will not be able to reach you after you close it. There is one way to make them contact you is, let them know about your decision of closing the account and drop them a spare email ID.
- Loss of services – Our email account is associated with other services like McAfee, Skype, Microsoft Office, and many more. You will lose all the services just after you delete the Outlook account. Hence, configure other email ID to the required services like Skype, your diary, and much more before closing your Outlook account.
- Important Account Connectivity – We associate our email address with bank accounts, online creditors, or sometimes even social media. For these accounts, the Outlook email address is used to reset the password for other platforms. So if you delete your email and then forget your account password you may lose access to it.
Keep the aforementioned points in mind and prepare an alternative plan for everything before performing the steps to how to delete Outlook account.
Why Choose us to Delete Outlook Account?
After going through the much detailed article, you will learn reasons, consequences, and several methods of how to delete Outlook email account. The mentioned information and methods are authentic and effective. In case, you are left with any doubt, contact our email experts for any kind of assistance.