Using multiple email accounts? We know how difficult it is for you sometimes to access both the email accounts on different devices at a time. Well, here is the solution to your problem. Configure Yahoo mail Outlook settings on your phone or system. This article will take you through the methods of how to set up Yahoo mail on Outlook 365, 2007, 2010, and 2013.
Prepare Your Account for Yahoo Mail Outlook Settings
Before implementing Yahoo Mail Outlook Settings on your phone, prepare your account for it. Here are the steps you must follow and complete the ‘Two-step Verification process’ to prepare for configuration:
- Access your Yahoo Mail account by visiting the correct login page and providing valid login credentials.
- Open your homepage of Yahoo mail and navigate towards the ‘Profile Name’ and further click ‘Account Info’.
- Expand the options of ‘Account Info’ and click on ‘Account Security’.
- There will be an option that reads, ‘Allow Apps that use the less secure sign in’, turn on the option by clicking on the ‘toddle’. (It will turn blue).
In case your Yahoo account is already secured with the two-step verification process, just generate a password for your Yahoo Mail application.
It is as simple as logging in to your account. The generated password will be used for this app in place of your original Yahoo email password.
How to Set Up Yahoo Mail on Outlook 365?
The enlisted steps of how to set up Yahoo mail on Outlook 365 can only be applied on Outlook 365.
- Open Outlook 365 and sign in to your account and navigate towards the ‘File’ tab.
- Drop-down the sections of ‘File’ and choose the ‘Info’ option to open.
- Under the ‘Account Information’ in the upper-left corner, click on the ‘+ Add Account’.
- The ‘Outlook Window will pop-up on your screen, enter your ‘Yahoo Email Address’ in the required blank space, and hit the blue ‘Connect’ button.
- After clicking on the ‘Connect’ button wait until the Yahoo Mail account is added.
Congrats! Your Yahoo mail account has been configured for Outlook 365. Now, you can access both the email account on the Outlook web app whenever you want. Want to learn the Yahoo mail server settings for outlook 2013? Follow the next.
Yahoo Mail Server Settings for Outlook 2013
The method of configuring Yahoo Mail Outlook settings for Outlook 2013 and 2010 is quite similar. The instructions and related images are mentioned below. This method will also come in handy if you are looking for Yahoo mail settings for Outlook 2010. Now, follow the enlisted steps:
- Open Outlook 2010 or 2013 on your system and sign in to your account.
- Navigate towards the upper-left corner and click on the blue tab ‘File’.
- Select the ‘Info’ tab from the given options and click on the ‘+ Add Account’.
- Scroll down the window and click on the option of ‘Manual Setup or Additional Server Types’ and hit the button of ‘Next’.
(If you are an Outlook 2010 user, choose the option of ‘Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types’.)
- Click on the ‘Next’ tab and choose the option of ‘POP or IMAP’ in the next window, again click on the ‘Next’ tab.
(If you are Outlook 2010 user, click on the ‘Internet Email’ option and move forward by clicking ‘Next’.)
- The ‘Server Information’ of ‘POP and IMAP Account Settings’ will open. Move downwards and select the option of ‘IMAP’ by expanding the options of ‘Account Type’.
- Under the ‘User Information’, enter the following details:
- Your Name: Your Yahoo Username
- Email Address: Your Yahoo Mail Address (eg: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Move towards the ‘Server Information’ and drop-down the options of ‘Account Type’ to select ‘IMAP – Incoming Mail Server’.
- Type ‘imap.mail.yahoo.com’ by dropping down the arrow of ‘Incoming mail server’ and move to the next tab.
- Similarly type ‘smtp.mail.yahoo.com’ by dropping down the arrow of ‘Outgoing mail server’ and move to the next tab.
- Under the ‘Logon Information’ and in front of the ‘User Name’ enter the ‘Yahoo mail address’.
- In front of the ‘Password’, enter the correct password for your Yahoo mail ID and click on the ‘Next’ tab in the bottom-right corner.
- Now, proceed for the ‘Two-step verification’ process and click on the ‘More Settings’.
- Choose the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab to open it and select the option of ‘Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) requires authentication’ and from the given options, click on the one that reads, ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’.
- Hit the option of ‘Advanced’ and select the option of ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’ and select the ‘SSL’ for both ‘IMAP – Incoming Mail Server’ and ‘SMTP – Outgoing Mail Server’.
- Now, under the ‘Server Port Numbers’, in front of the ‘Incoming Mail Server (IMAP)’ enter ‘993’.
- Similarly, under the ‘Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)’ enter ‘465’.
- Scroll down the window and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- You will be directed back to the ‘POP and IMAP Account Settings’ window.
- Here, click on the ‘Next’ and wait until the configuration process is complete.
After following the aforementioned steps to configure Yahoo mail settings for Outlook 2010 and 2013 and entering the correct Yahoo mail details, you will receive a message regarding the completion of the process. Click on the ‘Close’ and refresh your Outlook 2010/ 2013 to start afresh.
How to Set Up Yahoo Mail On Outlook 2007?
Although the method of configuring Yahoo mail outlook settings can be applied to any of the versions of Outlook with a little smartness. Still, we have provided the method of how to set up Yahoo mail on Outlook 365 or 2007 separately. If you are an Outlook 2007 user, follow the enlisted steps thoroughly to set Yahoo on Outlook.
- Move towards the ‘Tools’ and drop-down its options to select the ‘Account Settings’.
- There will be an ‘Email’ tab, click on it, and select the ‘New’ option.
- Under the ‘Choose Email Service’ section, select the option of ‘Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP’, and the button of ‘Next’.
- In the new window, navigate towards the ‘lower-left’ corner and check the box that reads, ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ and hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Under the ‘Choose Email Service’ click on the ‘Internet Email’ and hit the ‘Next’ tab.
- Under the ‘Server Information’ enter as follows:
- Account Type – Select the IMAP option
- Incoming Mail Server – imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Mail Server – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
We do not advise you to configure Yahoo mail settings for Outlook 2007 pop3 setting as IMAP settings are always better than POP.
- Under the ‘Logon Information’, enter your Yahoo mail account details as follows:
- User Name: The Yahoo username that appears when you send an email message
- Password: Password for your Yahoo Mail email address.
- Go back to the ‘User Information’ on the top, and enter the following:
- Your Name: Yahoo Username name
- Email Address: Yahoo Mail Address
- Click on the ‘Next’ tab and come back to the previous page to select the ‘More Settings’:
- Here, under the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab, check the box that reads, ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’.
- Then, instead of entering the details again, click on the ‘Use same settings as Yahoo mail IMAP settings for Outlook 2010 server’.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab to proceed.
- Select the ‘SSL’ as the ‘Type of Encrypted Connection’, select on the ‘SSL’ option.
- Enter ‘993’ in the box that reads, ‘Incoming Mail Server (IMAP)’ and similarly, in the text box of the ‘Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)’, enter ‘465’.
- Hit the button of ‘OK’ and get back to the ‘Internet E-mail Settings’ window, here click on ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’ respectively.
Congrats, after following the method of configuring Yahoo mail Outlook settings for the 2007 version, your Yahoo Mail account will be configured for Outlook 2007.
Remember Yahoo mail Outlook settings are easy to implement if you follow the aforementioned instructions carefully. Contact our experts should you have any concerns regarding the configuration process.