Microsoft outlook needs a regular change in a password either quarterly or on a monthly basis. It is important for an organization and its employees to secure the company’s info and important files. So, your security system can withstand any internal breaching or data loss. If you have not changed your password and made your mind to change it now. With our help, you will get to know how to change outlook password & secure your data.
Let’s first know how to change outlook password. But it is up to you, how to set a strong password after getting a reset option. The steps we are sharing with you are very helpful also if you can forget your password and you require to reset outlook password.
Simple Steps to Know How to Change Password in Outlook
You can change your outlook password instantly, you just need to follow some step-by-step procedure. The following steps are:
How to Reset Outlook Password through Outlook Live
- You have to search for the Outlook login live page.
- Choose the recover your account option.
- Enter the credentials and enter into Security Basics page.
- You will be having four options regarding managing your changes in account & passwords.
- If you want to change your password into a stronger one then you can choose a password security option.
- If you forgot your password and looking for recovery then choose the security contact info option.
- You have to verify your identity either through your valid email address and contact number.
- If you don’t have your phone near you or can’t access your email. Then you can choose that I don’t have any of these options and add a new number to contact and change or reset outlook password.
How to Change Password on Outlook 2010 & 2013
If you are using any outlook version 2010 or 2013 You can easily change or update your password through Outlook application. The followings step to know How to Change Password on Outlook are as follows:
- Access your outlook application on your Windows PC or MAC.
- Select the file and click on the info tab.
- Locate for the account settings.
- Click on drop-arrow besides the account settings.
- Click on Manage Accounts.
- A mail setup window will appear. Now, you have to click on the email setup tab.
- A window regarding Account settings will open. For here select the Email tab.
- Select the change option from the options panel below the Email tab.
- A window related to change account will appear, you have to enter your username and password. Use Left-click on Next.
- Now you can close the window tabs and log on to online Microsoft account live.
- You can log in to your account with your user credentials and change the password for your outlook account.
How to Change Password in Outlook 2016 & 2019
If you looking to know How to Change Password in Outlook 2016 and 2019. You can go through the steps below and successfully reset outlook password are:
- Log in to your Outlook account.
- Go to Settings and a drop panel will appear.
- Select on Options tab from the panel. A new window will appear.
- Go to your Account Details options which will give you access to the new window.
- Select Privacy and Security options and Select to Password option.
- Change your prior password with a new one.
- In the end, select the Save option to confirm the changes in your account.
Use Troubleshooting to get back your Forgot Outlook Password
If you have many accounts on other web mailings service, then it is natural for you or anybody to Forgot Outlook Password. But there is a way that you can troubleshoot it through a technical team. You just have to click on Forgot Outlook Password
How to Use PST File For Outlook Password Recovery
If you forgot your password, You can use Kernel Recovery Tool to get back your secured passwords from PST files. To know Outlook Password Recovery steps, follow the prompts below:
- Access your Outlook application.
- Select the File Tab and Select the Info tab from panel option
- Search for Account Settings and Access it.
- There will a list of PST data files will appear, you can select your data files.
- Then select the Settings option and Go for Change Password option.
- The next step is that you can Reset Outlook Password.
- Firstly, enter your prior password.
- Then, enter your new password with a confirmation one.
- Finally, save the changes into your outlook account.
We hope that the solutions will get the desired result But in any case, If you have analyzed your problem regarding How To Change Outlook Password and unable to resolve it. You can contact our professional tech team, that handle all sort of IT and Software issues for you. You can visit our website and contact us via Call. Our tech team is available at your services- 24×7.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to How To Change Outlook Password
This quick guide comprises a list of answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the procedure of how to change or reset the Outlook password on several devices.
Follow the easy steps to change an Outlook password on iPad or iPhone devices:
1. Log into your Outlook account through the email provider’s website and select profile settings
2. Choose ‘Change your password’ and provide your current password to proceed
3. Enter a new password and retype it to confirm your choice
4. Finally, click on ‘Save Changes’ and change your Outlook password.
Follow the quick steps and change Outlook password on your Android phone in no time:
Click on ‘Settings’ > Select ‘Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync > Scroll down the ‘Common Settings’ > Select ‘Account Settings’ > Provide your ‘Username’ > Click on ‘Password’ and hit the ‘Change Password’ > Type a new password and confirm it > click on ‘Ok’ and your password will be changed.
Try the below-mentioned steps to change the password of your Office 365 account:
1. Visit ‘office.com/signin’ page and enter your Outlook email address & password.
2. Scroll down the ‘Settings’ tab and click on ‘Password’.
3. Type down your current password to proceed.
4. Enter a ‘New Password’ and click on ‘Submit’ to save changes.
Could not find your password? Reset Outlook password and access to your account again. Follow the given steps:
1. Enter your Outlook email address and click on ‘Forget Password’
2. Provide a phone number or an email address to receive the ‘reset link’
3. Click on the reset link or enter the verification code to proceed
4. Select the option of ‘Recover my account’
5. Provide the correct answer of the following to verify it’s you and click on ‘Next’
Date of Birth
City/ Postal Code
6. Answer to your Security Question
7. Enter a new password and click on ‘Save’ to finish the procedure.
Follow the steps to update the password in outlook. It is necessary only if you change Outlook password or reset it.
1. Open ‘Settings’ application and go to ‘Passwords and Accounts’
2. Select ‘AOL’ amongst the email clients
3. Choose the option of ‘Account’ and provide your AOL login details
4. Click on the ‘Password’ and erase the existing one re-enter the new password to update it
5. Save the changes made and exit from the settings.
Reset your password by following the subsequent steps to recover Outlook account
1. Open the internet browser and type: https://account.live.com/password/reset
2. Provide your Outlook email address and click on ‘Next’
3. Enter an additional address under ‘Where should we contact you?’
4. Type the characters shown in the captcha box and click on ‘Next’
5. Write the ‘OTP code’ received on the additional email address or phone number
6. You will be asked to enter a ‘New Password’, provide a strong password
7. Click on ‘Save’ to make changes.
The below method is applicable to Outlook version 2019, 2016 and 2013 for changing the password your Outlook account.
1. Open Outlook and sign in to your account
2. Go to ‘File’ and click on ‘Account Settings’
3. Select your ‘Outlook email account’ and click on ‘Change’
4. Choose ‘Change Account’ and enter a ‘New Password’
5. Check the box of ‘Remember Password’ and click on ‘Next’
6. Finish the procedure with a click on ‘Close’
Hope the provided information was useful to you. In any case, you could not change or reset your Outlook password, start a conversation with your email experts over a chat and get the issues resolved in no time. Have you got more questions? Drop them in the comment sections.