Are you tired of receiving unnecessary emails? Undesirable emails clog up your entire mail account and make your life a hell of sorts. To deal with this situation, Outlook provides multiple ways. In this guide, we are going to take you through some of them in detail. So let’s find out how to block emails on Outlook and other versions right here.
How to Block Emails On Outlook App?
Unwanted email messages received from unsafe Email Domains must be added to the ‘Blocked Senders’. Follow the enlisted steps to block emails on Outlook Web App and get rid of undesirable emails forever.
- Start your system and open the ‘Outlook Web App’ and sign in to your Outlook account.
- Navigate towards the ‘upper-right’ side of the screen and select on the ‘Settings’ and drop down the options to select the ‘Mail’ tab.
- Choose your ‘Accounts’ and under the ‘Account’ section, click on the ‘Block’ or ‘Allow’ options.
- To add an email contact to the ‘Blocked senders’, click on the required box and enter the ‘Email address’ or ‘Domain’ that you want to receive emails from.
- Then, press on the ‘Enter’ tab and choose the button of ‘Add’ beside the text box.
Here is a quick example, if you want to block an email account that is ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ so that you do not have to receive any emails from the same domain, enter the ‘email@example.com’ in the required box and click on the ‘Enter’ button.
- You select more than one ‘Email Address’ to add to the ‘Blocked Senders’ list. Select all those ‘Email Domains that you do not trust’ or those emails that do not come from Safe Senders.
- After adding the email addresses to the list of ‘Blocked Senders’ click on the ‘Save’ to save the changes you have made.
How to Block Email Address On Outlook On Mobile Phones?
If you access your Outlook email account on your mobile phone and are fed up with receiving undesirable email messages from unsafe email domains, it’s time to block them. Here is an effective method comprising easy-to-execute steps on how to block email addresses on Outlook on mobile phones.
The enlisted steps to block emails on android Outlook can also be applied to iOS devices as the Outlook application is similar in all mobile phones.
- Open the lock screen of your mobile phone and go to the ‘Applications’ menu.
- Navigate towards the ‘Outlook app’ and click on it to open it on your phone.
- In case you are logged out, provide the correct Outlook login credentials and click on the ‘Log In’ button to access all the email messages.
- Go to the ‘Inbox’ and find the ‘Email’ or the ‘Email Address’ that you want to block.
- Open the email message and navigate towards the ‘Three vertical dots’ in the top-right corner of the app’s screen.
Here you will find the option to block the ‘Senders’. Do not confuse with the ‘Three dots’ on the ‘top-left’ corner. Otherwise, you will fail to execute the correct steps of how to block emails on Outlook.
- Once you have expanded the options, click on the ‘Move to Spam’.
You will probably ask to confirm your choice on blocking the specific email address, confirm by clicking on ‘Yes’ or ‘I’m Sure’.
(Note: You can block more email addresses in a similar way but one by one.)
After following the aforementioned steps, you will learn how to block email address on Outlook on mobile phones and those unwanted emails will not be received by you anymore.
How to Block Emails on Outlook 2018?
If you have an updated Outlook 2018 version installed on your system and you want to block emails using the same, here are the steps that you must follow one by one.
Note: All the newer versions of Outlook such as 2016, 2017, and 2018 will support the below-mentioned steps of how to block emails on Outlook 2008.
- Start Outlook 2018 and sign in to your Outlook email account.
- In the mail dropbox, select an ‘Email message’ or search for an ‘Email Address’ that you want to block.
- Check the box of the ‘Selected Emails’ and navigate towards the ‘Outlook menu’, drop down its options to proceed.
- Select the tab of ‘Message’ and expand its options to further click on ‘Junk Mail’.
- Click on the ‘Block Sender’ and open the folder, add the selected email address to the ‘Blocked Sender’ list.
How to Block Unwanted Emails On Outlook Express?
- Open Outlook Express and sign in to your account to access all the incoming emails.
- Click on the ‘Inbox’ and browse the ‘Incoming email messages’. Now, find and highlight the ‘Email message’ that you want to block by its email domain.
- Navigate towards the ‘Message’ and click on it, expand the ‘Menu’ options and click on the ‘Blocked Sender’ list.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ and ‘Add’ all the selected email messages or email domains to the ‘Blocked Sender’ list.
- Once the ‘Confirmation Message’ will pop on your screen, click on ‘Yes’ and ‘Save’ to make the changes.
How to Block Emails on Outlook 2011?
If you want to avoid receiving email messages from some particular email domains, you can add their email address to your ‘Blocked Senders’ list. Outlook transfers any new mail you receive from the same blocked persons to the Junk email folder directly without bothering. Follow the below-mentioned steps to block emails on Outlook 2011 and 2010 that are specially listed for the older versions of Outlook.
- Open Outlook 2010 or 2011 or other older versions and browse the incoming emails.
- Navigate towards the ‘Home’ in the ‘upper-left’ corner of the screen and click on it.
- Select the ‘Junk’ folder from the Home options and click on the ‘Block Sender’.
- Select the ‘Email Domains or Addresses’ and click on the ‘Move’ button to add them to the ‘Block Sender’ list.
- Confirm your choice and ‘Save’ the changes you made.
How to Check Blocked Emails on Outlook?
Sometimes we add ‘Email Contacts’ to the ‘Blocked Sender’ list randomly and think that we might have lost the important email forever. For all those who are looking for a procedure of how to view blocked emails on Outlook and restore it, follow the below-mentioned steps one by one.
- Open Outlook of any version and sign in to your Outlook email account.
- Once the account is open, navigate towards the ‘Settings’ options and drop down the options.
- Choose the ‘View all Outlook Settings’ from the options. Further click on the ‘Mail’.
- Select the ‘Junk Email’ and go to the ‘Blocked Senders’ and the list of all the blocked email domains and addresses will appear.
- Read the ‘Blocked Email Message’ you want to read and give it a thought if it is important and you want to restore.
- In case you want to restore the ‘Blocked Email Message’, Select the ‘Trash Can’ icon that is located next to the ‘Email Message’.
This click on the ‘Trash’ button will undo the step of ‘Adding the item to Blocked Senders’ and unblock the email as well.
- Hit the button of ‘Save’ and make sure the changes you made are saved.
- At last, close the ‘Settings’ tab and visit the unblocked email message in your ‘Inbox’ list.
After following the aforementioned steps, you must have learned how to check blocked emails on Outlook and restore it as well.
We are hopeful that the guide helped you block email addresses on Outlook and made your life easier. For any query on How to block emails on Outlook’, leave a comment below. Our experts will get back to you with a solution.