Outlook email service is the top choice of all professionals around the globe for its variety of features, services, and ability to manage accounts efficiently. You can add it to a new device and also sync data files such as emails, contacts, and calendars in no time. If you want to add your Outlook account to your iPhone and are looking for a guide for the same, this page will come in handy. There are two ways to add an Outlook email account to an iPhone: manual and automatic. So, without any further ado, let’s find out the answer to our “how to add Outlook email to iPhone” question right away.
How to Add Outlook Email to iPhone Manually?
The manual procedure of adding your Outlook email account to your iPhone device is lengthy yet very effective. Follow the below-mentioned steps so that you do not make any mistakes while adding your Outlook account and entering the correct settings.
Note: Before applying the enlisted steps to your device, make sure that you remember your Outlook email credentials, Outlook email settings, and have a strong internet connection.
- Open your iPhone device and navigate towards the ‘Apple Menu’. Click on it and open the list of the applications.
- Find the ‘Settings’ app. Hit on it to open. Choose the ‘Passwords & Accounts’ section and open it as well.
- Drop down the options. Click on the ‘Add Account’.Scroll down all the options and click on the ‘Other’.
- In the next screen, click on the ‘Add Mail Account’ and enter your correct Outlook email credentials as follows:
- Your first and last name
- Outlook email address
- and other descriptions
- Once you are done entering all the correct details of the account, click on the ‘Next’ tab.
After the 5th step, the ‘Mail’ app will scan and try to look for the Outlook email settings to finish setting up your account on iPhone.
If the Mail application on iPhone finds your Outlook email settings automatically then, click on the ‘Done’.
After following the manual method of how to add an Outlook email to iPhone, the account will be added. In case the Mail app on your iPhone could not fetch the email settings automatically, follow the subsequent instructions, and configure correct Outlook email settings on the iPhone.
In Step 5, instead of clicking on ‘Done’, click on the ‘Next’ and do the following:
- Select the ‘IMAP’ or ‘POP’ email settings for your new Outlook account.
We suggest you select the ‘IMAP’ settings for smoother email performance. If you want to stick to POP, you can select that as well.
- Contact your email provider and learn about the correct Outlook email settings for the following:
- IMAP – Incoming mail server
Port No. – 993
- POP – Incoming mail server
Port No. – 995
- SMTP – Outgoing mail server
Port No. – 587
For authentication, you might have to enter your Outlook email address and password.
- After that, click on the ‘Next’ and ‘Save’ to complete the configuration of Outlook email settings on the iPhone.
After following the aforementioned steps, we hope you have learned how to add Outlook email to iPhone manually. Now, if you are looking for another method, read the next section.
How to Add Outlook Email to iPhone 7 Automatically?
If you want to access an Outlook email account on your new iPhone 7, then below are the steps that will come in handy. The below-mentioned steps will help you learn how to add Outlook email to iPhone 7 via ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendars’ app.
This is an automatic method for adding Outlook email to iPhone. And if you are wondering how to add Outlook email to iPhone 8, the same method will apply.
- Open your iPhone 7 and navigate towards the ‘Apple Menu’.
- Find and open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone.
- Drop down the options, and the second option you will see is ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendars’.
- Click on that and open the app. Navigate towards the upper-left corner of the screen and expand the options, click on the third option of the ‘Add Account’.
- An ‘Add Account’ window will open on your screen, here you will be shown the number of email providers, select the second last option, ‘Outlook.com’.
- In case ‘Outlook.com’ is not there in the list, click on the ‘Other’ tab.
- Make sure that ‘Mail’, ‘Calendars’, and ‘Reminders’ are turned ‘On’. the toddle will be shown in green color when it is on.
- Now, enter the correct Outlook email address and password to configure your Outlook email account.
- Click on the ‘Next’ option and choose ‘IMAP/ POP’ as the Outlook email settings and let the system fetch the correct settings automatically.
- Once the Mail app has fetched the email settings, click on the ‘Done’ and ‘Save’ tabs consecutively.
After following the aforementioned steps, your Outlook email account will be successfully added to the iPhone 7 or 8. Now, in case you do not know how to access, follow the next content.
How to Add Microsoft Outlook Web Access Email to iPhone?
After adding your Outlook email account to the iPhone, you must know how to access your account. Below are the steps that you must follow, in order to access your account via the Safari web browser.
- Open your iPhone 7 or 8, and navigate towards the ‘Apple Menu’
- Find the ‘Safari’ app and click on it to open on your iPhone
- Visit the official website of Outlook email login or click on the URL box, type ‘Outlook.com’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Under the ‘Log in’ section, provide your Outlook login credentials to log in to your Outlook account.
- Outlook User ID or Outlook email address
- Check the box that reads, ‘Remember Me’ if you want Safari to recognize your Outlook profile for future access.
- Hit the button of ‘Log In’ and access your email account.
Hope now, you can access your newly added Outlook profile on iPhone. Want to add multiple Outlook accounts?
How to Add Multiple Outlook Email to iPhone?
If you want to add more email accounts, you should do the following:
- Open the iPhone device and open the ‘Settings’ app on the home screen of your phone.
- Click on the ‘Account and Passwords’.
- There will be an option called ‘Add Account’. Click on it and select ‘Outlook.com’ as the email provider.
- Now, type down your Outlook email address, password, and other important account details asked by the system.
- Then, click on the ‘Next’ tab and proceed towards adding a new Outlook profile to your old one.
- Check the box that reads ‘Sync the Contacts and Calendars’. In case, you do not want to sync the data files of both the accounts, do not check the box.
At last, click on the ‘Save’ option to save the changes you made and end the process of adding multiple Outlook accounts to the iPhone.
We believe this guide has helped you crack the “how to add Outlook email to iPhone” mystery. If you ever change your iPhone device and forget the procedure of adding an Outlook account to it, refer to this site. This site will always be available for you to learn how to add an Outlook email to iPhone again. Have some questions to ask regarding this article? Leave a comment and get an instant response.