Do you also want to access Gmail messages in Microsoft Outlook account? Then the following guide will come in very handy as it discusses correct Gmail Outlook Settings. But first, let’s explore why one must configure Gmail into Outlook at all.
Why You Must Configure Gmail Server Settings For Outlook?
If you use multiple email accounts of different email clients, the decision to configure Gmail Outlook settings is one of the smartest decisions you will ever make. Adding Gmail into your Outlook account is very beneficial. Some of the most common reasons are mentioned below:
- It’s never easy to have a balance in managing multiple email accounts with Gmail. But, when it comes to Outlook, you can easily manage multiple email accounts with no hassle.
- Managing email messages and reminders in Gmail for two different email accounts is a bit challenging.
- Gmail does not provide you a feature to work offline.
So this is why you must learn the correct procedure of configuring Gmail Outlook settings and browse both the accounts on Outlook.
How to Configure Gmail Server Settings for Outlook?
The process of configuring Gmail Outlook settings in your phone or system is very easy after going through the subsequent guidelines thoroughly. But, before you start implementing the steps, ensure that the incoming and outgoing settings i.e. IMAP/ POP settings are enabled in your Gmail account. If it is not, follow the below-mentioned steps and enable IMAP/ POP in Gmail
- Access the Gmail login by visiting the official website of Gmail and providing the correct Gmail login credentials.
- Open the account, navigate towards the ‘gear’ icon on the upper-right corner, and click on it.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ and expand its options.
- Select the ‘Forwarding Gmail POP/ IMAP’ to open the incoming and outgoing mail server settings.
- Hit the option of ‘Enable IMAP’.
- Click on the ‘Save Changes’.
Note: Gmail users, who have configured the POP3 settings as their incoming and outgoing mail service, just click on ‘Enable POP3’ to proceed to configure Gmail Outlook settings.
Now that you have enabled Gmail POP/ IMAP settings, follow the enlisted steps to configure Gmail settings for Outlook 2016, 2017, and all the versions of Outlook.
- Now, open a new window and head to the ‘Outlook login page’ or open the Out web app on your system
- Sign in to your account by providing the correct Outlook login credentials
- Open your Outlook account and navigate towards the ‘File’ tab
- Expand the options and click on the ‘Add Account’ tab
- Under the ‘Info’ section, hit the tab of ‘Account Settings’.
- Choose the option of ‘Manual Setup’ and hit the ‘Next’ tab.
- Now, select the ‘POP/ IMAP’ tab from the given options to configure Gmail IMAP settings Outlook 2010 (whatever version you use of Outlook) and click on the ‘Next’.
- Now, the most important section comes. Here, you must add the correct details of Gmail IMAP settings Outlook 2010 for a successful configuration. Read and enter the correct settings as mentioned below.
(Remember that wrong POP/ IMAP settings can disable send/ receive service)
- Select ‘POP’ or ‘IMAP’ (preferred IMAP) for Gmail configuration into Outlook
- Enter ‘imap.gmail.com’ as the Incoming mail server
- Fill ‘smtp.gmail.com’ as the Outgoing mail server
- Enter your Gmail address and its password for authentication
- Once you have filled the aforementioned details, click on the ‘More Settings’ and choose the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab.
- Now, tick on the box that reads, ‘ My outgoing server requires authentication’ and select the option of ‘Use same settings as the incoming mail server’.
- Go back to the above window and click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and enter the following details in the required tabs:
- Enter ‘993 or 143’ in the place of ‘Incoming server port number for IMAP’
- Select ‘SSL’ or ‘TLS’ as the ‘Incoming server encrypted connection’
- Enter ‘465’ or ‘587’ in the place of ‘Outgoing server port number for SMTP’
- Select ‘SSL’ or ‘TLS’ as the ‘Outgoing server encrypted connection’
- After entering the aforementioned steps, click on the ‘OK’ to save the changes you made.
- Click on the ‘Next’ tab from the prior window and wait for the process to be completed.
- On entering the correct Gmail server settings for Outlook and following the steps thoroughly, the ‘Configuration status’ will be shown under the ‘Tasks’ on your screen.
If it says, ‘Completed’, you will know that ‘Log onto incoming mail server’ and ‘Send test email message’ are successfully done.
- At last, to end the process, ‘Click’. You will receive the ‘You’re all set’ message, then, hit the button of the ‘Finish’ and the process will end.
Congrats! With Gmail Outlook settings, you can browse both the accounts in one place any time you want.
Let’s us teLet us tell you that you can use the above settings on any outlook version some provided in below table.
|Gmail Settings for Outlook 2018||Gmail Settings for Outlook 2010|
|Gmail Settings for Outlook 2017||Gmail Settings for Outlook 2007|
|Gmail Settings for Outlook 2013||Gmail Settings for Outlook 365|
Why Choose us to set up Gmail Account in Outlook?
We hope the guide above was helpful. For more information, contact our representatives anytime for a quick response to Gmail Outlook settings.